Nothing but the very essential. The Shelter is an ultra minimalistic shell jacket built for serious mountaineering and everyday adventures. Light, strong, waterproof, breathable and equipped with just what you need and nothing else.
Freedom grows with reduction. When a garment is designed for one specific activity, it tends to be less useful for everything else. The Shelter is stripped down to the very minimum and therefore extremely flexible. It’s up to you if you would rather take it big mountain skiing, bicycle commuting, kayaking or something else entirely. The Shelter is a wearable multi-tool. Bring it in your backpack and you will be sheltered from any unexpected weather.
The Shelter is made in light, strong and stretchy Loop Hardshell. It’s a 3-layer water- and windproof shell with excellent breathability. The fabric is made from 70% recycled polyester and is completely free from fluorocarbons. To minimize weight and bulk, The Shelter has no zippers. Three buttons adjust the collar width and the hood is helmet compatible and fully adjustable. It has a generous kangaroo pocket with internal cell phone pocket and ventilation mesh.
If you are looking for a strong and super light mountaineering shell that has everything you need but nothing else, The Shelter is a great choice. Thanks to the lack of surplus features it packs down very small and weighs in at only 460g for a men’s medium/women’s large. Live light, be free.
The Shelter is unisex. This means you still wear your regular size. The Men’s size is shown first, then the Women’s Size (S/M equals Men’s Small and a Women’s Medium). We just didn’t put different labels in the garment since the model is no different for men and women.
The Shelter is fully recyclable and we kindly ask you to return it to us when it’s completely worn out. This way we can use the raw material for new products and nothing goes to waste.
- Relaxed fit
- Unisex sizes, see size guide
- Made to move construction
- Lightweight and durable
- Waterproof and breathable
- Drawcord at bottom hem
- Elastic sleeve ending
- Helmet compatible hood
- 2-way adjustable hood
- Kangaroo pocket with internal pocket
- Adjustable collar with buttons
- Made in recycled and recyclable fibers
- Fluorocarbon free
- Weight 460 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Loop Hardshell™
A durable fabric with mechanical stretch for high comfort. Tough and silent with a dull and smooth face. Waterproof, breathable, ripstop construction with good abrasion resistance.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% recycled polyester, 30% polyester face fabric
- Atmos™, 100% Polyester membrane
- 100% polyester jersey backing fabric
- Weight: 169g/sqm
- Breathability; 20,000 g/m2¥24 hrs
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- High density fibers for high durability
- Mechanical 2-way stretch
- DWR finish, Fluorocarbon-Free
- Bluesign® certified
Atmos™ Membrane is a hydrophilic membrane, not micro porous, and at the molecular-level moisture moves through the fabrics. The more moisture that is in circulation the greater the ability of the membrane to move moisture away from your body. With Atmos we are sure we have a membrane that delivers Houdini standards when it comes to high performance in an environmentally sustainable way, which no other membrane at the market can live up to. Atmos™ membrane is made from recyclable polyester.
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Tumble dry on low heat.
- Iron on low heat.