Light and tough outdoor shorts for big adventures or everyday use. The stretchy ripstop fabric is perfect for activities like climbing, hiking or biking.
Versatile outdoor shorts that combine comfort and toughness. Daybreak Shorts are stretchy and light, but also very durable. The garment will keep you company for years of hiking, climbing or mountain biking.
The Houdini design department puts a strong emphasis on creating products that deliver that extra feeling of comfort. Daybreak Shorts are in a sense classic heavy duty outdoor shorts, just a little less heavy. They have the same durability and sturdy design features, but are much lighter and softer.
The light and stretchy fabric, Prime Ripstop™ plays a big part in the added feeling of comfort. It’s a fully recyclable polyester ripstop that is made from 38% recycled fabrics. The fabric is very durable and will last many years of hard use. The shorts have an open back pocket and two zippered side pockets.
If you are looking for a pair of tough outdoor shorts for everything from bouldering to weeklong hikes, Daybreak Shorts is a great choice. They will last forever, and after forever we kindly ask you to bring them back to us for recycling. This way we eliminate waste and can use the raw material for new products. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Regular fit
- Light and stretchy
- Durable ripstop fabric
- Hand pockets w zippers
- Fluorocarbon free water repellent
- 38% recycled fibers
- Fully recyclable
- Weight: 200 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Prime Ripstop™
Durable ripstop construction with mechanical stretch. This fabric has the perfect combination between air permeability and wind resistance.
- Origin: Taiwan
- 62% polyester 38% recycled polyester
- Weight: 177 g/sqm
- Mechanical stretch
- Soft hand
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
- Bluesign® certified
Softshell or single layer shells are garments with a water repellent surface, but without a membrane.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Do make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak though the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.