All natural base layer for the everyday activist. Soft, warm and light, Activist Tights are the perfect all-round base layer. Wear them for skiing, running, hiking or simply to add a little bit of warmth to your everyday life.
The garments in our Activist series are real work horses. When the Houdini design department started working on Activist Tights, they wanted to create a base layer that would never go wrong, regardless of activity or situation. The result is a versatile and very comfortable garment that can accompany you on many adventures.
The fabric in Activist Tights is called Activist Treemerino™ and is a blend of 20µm merino wool and Tencel®. The mulesing free merino wool will keep you warm and is naturally odor resistant. Tencel is a natural fiber made from cellulose. It makes the garment moisture wicking and provides a nice texture to the fabric. Since we only use natural fibers and don’t blend with synthetic fibers, the garment is completely biodegradable as well as recyclable. When your Activist Tights are completely worn out you can simply shred them down, put them in a compost and let nature turn the garment in to nutrition for something else. If you don’t have a compost, send them back to Houdini for recycling.
If you are looking for a pair of all-round base layer tights for everything from skiing to a Sunday stroll, we can highly recommend Activist Tights.
- Regular fit
- Light and soft
- Moisture wicking
- Naturally odor resistant
- Made in merino wool 20µm and Tencel®
- Mulesing free wool
- Organic EU Ecolabel certified Tencel
- Renewable and biodegradable fibres
- Weight 156 g
Fabrics and Technology
Activist Treemerino™ wool
Optimal organic solution for the future. A combination of merino wool and lyocell from Tencel® provides a softer touch than plain merino and an effective moisture management. Tencel® also increase the durability of the farbic while the merino wool transports moisture away from the skin and prevents odor in a natural way.
- Origin: Sweden
- 60% merino wool 20µ, 40% lyocell Tencel®
- Weight: 170 g/sqm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia and South Africa
- Tencel® Lyocell from Lenzing in Austria (with EU Ecolabel)
- Organic wool and cellulosic based renewable fiber
- Softer than plain merino
- Vapor and moisture management
- Next-to-skin comfort
- Mechanical stretch
- Natural odor control
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool’s properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine gentle wash at max 40 °C/104 °F, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Iron on low heat.